Fire Leaves Naperville Family’s Home “Uninhabitable”

Fire Leaves Naperville Family's Home "Uninhabitable"
Donate Today

A stovetop fire has left a Naperville home uninhabitable.

The Naperville Fire Department said on Sunday November 11, around 7:20 p.m.,  Naperville emergency crews responded to a residential fire on the 1700 block of Brookdale Road. The resident stated that the fire originated from cooking oil on the stove, which had spread throughout their kitchen.

No Injuries Reported

Fire crews and other emergency personnel arrived at the scene shortly after receiving the call, and started battling the two-story-house fire. There were no injuries to the family or emergency responders.

Officials Said Home Fire Left Home Uninhabitable

A fire investigator determined the fire was an accident due to unattended stovetop cooking. An inspector from Naperville Transportation, Engineering, & Development Department determined the home was uninhabitable.

Check out more of our top stories.